Sunday, October 16, 2011

Photography 1/52

"Which of the photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow."
~ Imogen Cunningham

Photography makes my soul happy.

I love taking pictures and seeing other people's pictures. I love seeing vivid contrasts, interesting angles, and unique subjects. I love seeing emotion in a photo. I love a photo that tells a story.

Photography has really opened my eyes to the small details that make life so beautiful. In the past year I've begun to see things that I never would have noticed before, and I love it.

But I'll be honest, though I've greatly improved in the past 6 months, I have a long way to go. :)

Several of my friends are doing '365 projects', when you take one good picture a day. Unfortunately, I feel like if I were to take a picture every day it would begin to become an obligation, not a hobby. So I'm going to try to take one satisfactory picture a week, and post it on Saturday or something.

So here is last weeks's:


one of the last flowers in my garden. it looks a little weather beaten, but i think its still gorgeous. <3

~ Abby

No comments: